“Do not be a product of the future, make the future a product of you and your ideas.” - Siamak Sam Loni
BECOME A FELLOW
Local Pathways Fellowship is calling on young people to join the movement of change-makers in cities and local communities.
TO BE SELECTED AS A LOCAL PATHWAYS FELLOW, APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application;
- Candidates must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship;
- Candidates must be fluent in English and the language of the area they represent;
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for and a strong understanding of sustainable development;
- Candidates must show their willingness and ability to commit time and energy to pursue the Fellowship;
- A demonstrated background in policy research, community engagement or advocacy work would be considered a strong asset;
- Candidates representing any city and country in the world are encouraged to apply, however SDSN Youth will make efforts to ensure diversity of regional representation among Fellows.
ABOUT YOUR COMMITMENT:
- Fellows will undertake a one-year commitment to engage youth and civil society in mobilizing support for the SDGs and securing local governments’ commitment to "localise" the 2030 agenda;
- Fellows will work on preparing a case study which will explore the pathways towards addressing sustainable development challenges their community is facing;
- Fellows will join the global network of young SDG advocates and will participate in the Local Pathways Training Program featuring workshops and seminars delivered by our partners;
- Fellows will be required to complete the SDG Academy's Sustainable Cities MOOC, which will serve as a prerequisite for starting the Fellowship.